Bamboo is a denser material than wood which makes bamboo cuttings boards less susceptible to cracking and warping. However, proper use and care must be maintained to get the most from the product. Please see below guidelines.
- Do not soak cutting boards in water.
- The cutting boards are not suitable for dishwasher use.
CARE AND CLEANING
- Clean with warm soapy water then towel dry.
- We pre-treat our boards as part of the manufacturing process but we recommend you treat with mineral oil before first use.
- Prevent warping by storing boards flat on top of each other. The weight will keep the boards flat.
- Should the boards warp a little simply lay on a flat surface and cover with a wet towel. Place a heavy object on top to flatten the boards down.
APPLYING MINERAL OIL
- Place boards on a clean and flat surface.
- Drizzle a generous amount of mineral oil to the surface of the board.
- Wipe the mineral oil onto both sides and all edges of the boards with a clean cloth. Follow the grain of the bamboo.
- Allow 6 hours for the oil to soak into the boards and then rub off any excess oil with a towel.
- Reapply oil every month. If you use the boards on a daily basis you could consider treating more frequently.