Looking after your baking mat will not only make it last longer, but also keeping looking, feeling (and smelling!) as good as new. We want you to get the most out of your baking mat, and the below tips and instructions will help to do just that.
Also, why not have a look at our blog post, “Keep your silicone baking mat as good as new” for more advice on removing discoloration and lingering odors that may build up on the mat.
Use and Care Instructions
The mat is made with pure food-grade silicone and reinforced fibreglass mesh.
- Wash the mat before first use
- Wash the baking mat in warm, soapy water and allow to air dry.
- Never use abrasive cleaners.
- The baking mat is not suitable for use in a dishwasher.
- Store flat or loosely rolled with the logo side facing out.
- DO NOT cut or chop on the mat.
- Safe between temperatures of -40°F/-40°C to 480°F/248°C. It can be used safely in toaster ovens as well as conventional and microwave ovens.
- To preserve the surface avoid scraping, bending or folding the mat.
- Do not use the mat on a boiler, grill or place the mat directly on the bottom of the oven. Place the baking mat on a baking sheet or pan.
- Do not grease the baking mat – it is already non-stick
- A slight oily residue after washing is normal.
- Some discolouration of the mesh is normal after use.
- Strong flavoured foods may leave a trace scent on the mat.